The month of December is filled with hustle and bustle. It is also the season of giving. With all of this giving don’t forget to give back to yourself. Here is a list of 5 great ways to give back to yourself for a healthier and happier you.
- Be kind to others. You don’t know what someone else may be going through, so do something nice for someone else. It can be as simple as looking them in the eye and sincerely thanking them, holding a door, or picking up the tab for the person behind you in line. When you put this kind of energy out there, it will make you feel better.
- An energetic workout that involves both cardio bursts and resistance training. This will not only provide health benefits, but it will also help relieve the stress that comes along with the holiday season. Finish off the workout with a stretch, yoga, or a foam roller.
- Indulge in something gluttonous such as a facial, a long hot bath, a massage, a manicure, or an extra treat.
- Forgive yourself! Everyone has regrets, it’s part of life. If you can find a way to forgive yourself for whatever it is that you feel was so wrong, then it will be like lifting a weight off your shoulders. Why wait for the new year for a clean slate?
- Call someone and tell them you love them. Not only will it make their day, but it will probably make yours as well.