If you are looking for an at home workout you can do in under 30 minutes with no equipment except for the stairs in your house, here it is! I repeated these 9 exercises 5x and finished it in 21 minutes and burned 135 calories.
1. Run the stairs up and down 1x
2. 20 heel raises off the bottom step (hang feet off the back of step and raise up to toes and lower back down)
3. 20 alternating reverse lunges (10R/L) from first step (stand with both foot on the step and lunge back to the floor with one foot (bend both knees at completion of lunge). Return foot to step and switch legs).
4. 10 pushups with hands on 1st or 2nd step (pick your difficulty level the 1st step should be more challenging).
5. 10 spidermans with hands on floor and feet on 1st or 2nd step (get in a plank with hands on the floor and feet on step. Bring one knee forward bending it up towards the same arm’s elbow. Return to plank position and repeat on the other leg. The count is 1, 2, 3…. Making it 5 on each side).
6. 10 triceps dips from the first step (sit on step with fingers facing out and arms straight, bend elbows until bottom comes as close to the ground as you can get. Straighten elbows back to starting position).
7. 10 jumps up and down to the first step. For an added challenge jump to the second step, or alternate between jumping to the first step and then the second.
8. Three 10 second plank holds with a slight break in between each set of 10 seconds. Only rest for 1 short second and then push back up.
9. 20 crunches
Repeat these 9 exercises as many times as you would like. The only thing that changes is that you will add an extra stair run each time. For example, the second time through the list climb the steps up and down 2x, on the third do 3 climbs, etc…. #athomestairworkout