We’ve all had times where we fall off the exercise wagon. When life throws obstacles at you, you have to figure out how to work around them to stay focused on your goals. It’s easy to say,” forget it, I give up”. However, this is the wrong attitude. Get back on the wagon and keep chugging. For those of you who have lost your way, let me offer you some tips to getting back on track:
1. START SLOW! Don’t overdo it and assume that you can pick back up where you left off. You lose your cardio gains in as little as a week’s time and you lose strength gains in about two weeks. But don’t despair; you regain those losses much faster if you have been conditioned in the past.
2. Make daily fitness and diet goals such as today I am going to log my food. Or, you can say, today I am going to get 10 extra minutes of exercise.
3. Try to recruit help! It is much easier if you aren’t in it alone. Get a friend (perhaps someone else who has fallen off of the wagon) to help you get back on track.
4. Pick a new long term goal. Try to not make it about a number on a scale. Maybe think about a vacation you are planning and how you want to FEEL or look when you go on it.
5. Be patient. It takes time to see results. Stay with it and you will become a little healthier each day. I hope that with these five hints you can get back on track. Whatever you do DON’T GIVE UP!
If you need help getting back on the wagon contact me.